Log in

Well I think it's time for my monthly livejournal update. I finished… - an unfinishable story
my life through the ages

Date: 2005-12-24 22:10
Subject: (no subject)
Security: Public
Well I think it's time for my monthly livejournal update.

I finished the semester the way I used it all along - mediocre. Not to say I didn't do well, but I was glad when it was over. I really feel that RA training and all of the activities in the beginning of the semester took it out of me and that I played catch-up all semester long. :( I'm looking forward to this next semester to give me a fresh start and bring the GPA back up.

After closing the building at Tech I headed home to Richmond for a night and then headed down to Fort Lauderdale with my brother. Uneventful flight except the lady I was sitting next to on my Philly-FTL flight was German and scared of flying and hurricanes. I assured her that no hurricanes were coming. But once we landed I saw all of the damage caused by Wilma. I didn't think it was all that bad - the national news showed some downed trees and signs missing. Only when we drove downtown did I see the extent of the damage. It was pretty rough. I'm glad everyone is alive and well after what must have been a very, very scary experience.

I saw a few friends at the mall and a few more that night. One friend I saw was happy to see me - we hadn't seen each other in months and we exchanged a warm, sincere hug. My other friend didn't really want to hug me, but did anyway, half-heartedly. Thanks.

I then headed down to the Keys with my family and enjoyed a few days in the sun and clouds. I swam in the heated pool and caught up on my DVDs. We headed back on Thursday afternoon and my good friend Steve visited me. I heart him much. We sat on my Dad's couch and talked about the good times and the bad. We headed down to the beach to kill some time and stopped by the new and improved Big Louie's. If you haven't stopped by yet, do so when you can. The place looks completely different and looks fantastic.

Steve dropped me off back at my Dad's and Clay and Kelly picked me up. We went to the Panthers game and had amazing seats. AMAZING. Suite level at center ice. Didn't get any better in the house. Although Horton didn't score a goal for Clay, we all had a good time catching up and spending time together. I'm glad to see them and can't wait to listen to some Purple Rain at the local pool hall. :)

Friday I got up late and putzed around the house until dinner time. We went to Brasilia Tropicana on Federal in Pompano. GREAT place to go! Great food and a great show. I went with the family and rolled my way out the door. We headed back to the house and opened gifts and then headed to bed. I was supposed to visit Mr. King's shindig but was hit by a wave of sleepiness. I fell asleep and got up 5 hours later to catch my flight back to Richmond. Mom made a great dinner and here I am.

Next I drive to JAX for the Gator Bowl and then back down to Ft. Laudy. I hope everyone has a great Christmas and a happy New Year!
Post A Comment | 2 Comments | Share | Link

User: (Anonymous)
Date: 2005-12-30 19:01 (UTC)
Subject: (no subject)
i love how steve got 2 paragraphs and i got none... thanks lol
Reply | Thread | Link

User: ufcheer21
Date: 2005-12-30 19:04 (UTC)
Subject: (no subject)
its britt btw i forgot to log in
Reply | Parent | Thread | Link

my journal
January 2007